Saturday, January 21, 2012

Birthday Lowdown


Friday was the birthday of Mr. John L. Allen Jr., veteran Vatican-watcher. Happy Birthday, John! In his weekly post, All Things Catholic, he said, “It’s my birthday today, so I guess that means I can cry if I want to. Although Im not exactly 
weeping, I do find myself grousing a bit about the way recent Vatican stories have played in most news coverage.”

He turned fuss into focus to lay bare what was news in the “pope’s top foreign policy speech of the year” as well as the striking feature about the recently named cardinals, which is the difference “between outward-looking figures focused on geopolitics and dialogue, and more inward-looking figures concerned with Catholic identity and doctrinal fidelity.” Read more.
__________________________________________________________
Wiki-image of Attention is dedicated to the public domain.

No comments: